Wednesday, February 23, 2005

AL ASMAA AL HUSNA

THE BEAUTIFUL NAMES OF ALLAH

A strategy to memorize the beautiful names of Allah

Allah, the Most Exalted has described himself by the Most Beautiful Names. They collectively and individually represent the grandeur of the Majestic One. One who memorizes these names is guaranteed paradise, according to the hadith of the beloved Messenger.

Below is a strategy that I will undertake to memorize these names within one year, Allah willing. I have chosen one year because I want to be realistic. Also, when I memorize these names I want to reflect on them, so that I can internalize the beautiful qualities that they represent in my own self.

STEP ONE:

Acquire a calendar with large daily sections.

STEP TWO:


Write all of the names that you currently know, one in each daily section with the meaning underneath.

STEP THREE:

Every day thereafter, write one of the blessed names in the slot for that day. Keep the calendar handy, perhaps in front of you on your desk at work or school. Do not write the names for weekends.

STEP FOUR

Every day, review the previous names as well as the name for that day. Make sure that you know the meaning also. Reflect on the meaning of this name during the course of the day. Before you leave work, review the names again.

STEP FIVE

If possible get your spouse, children or a friend to test your knowledge of the names you have memorized so far. Repeat these names on a daily basis as a form of dhikr.

May Allah make it easy for me and for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home